Sunday, May 30, 2010

Am I the weird one?

Has this ever happen to you? Where you thought you where doing the  right thing but then in realization that you doing the right thing was actually the wrong thing. I know I am probably confusing you by saying that, but what happen to me is very confusing in my eyes.

k8rfXjeLBbgr1wdzHk09ioV4_400_large

  It was Friday evening and I was going to grad night.(Grad night is when a bunch a teenagers from Toronto and everywhere else go to wonderland on some type of bus, in which to celebrate that they were graduating). I recently discovered that you don't have to be graduating to go. So, I bought my ticket and I was going.

I was pretty happy because I was planning on going on so many rides. My goal was for me was to go on Behemoth. I went with a bunch of friends. To be honest, I was not really paying attention to what I was going to wear. I basically chose to wear jeans, some shirt with stars,a cardigan and my blue hijab. I put on my brown flip flops and went to my cousins house. She lived in the next court. When I got there, they were putting on make up. Lots of it. They were dressed pretty cute. They were wearing summer dresses. You know the long ones. We were going to be late at this rate. So, my cousin commented on my hijab and how I was wearing blue when I was supposed to be wearing a black and white shirt. I didn't really care how I was dressed. All I was thinking, was how I was going on rides.I didn't take to notice of it, until I thought okay let me run home and get my black and white one. I did. When I got back they were getting ready to leave. I was in the car.

 

 

 

Fast Forward

 

By the time we got to TCI. We saw the three bus. okay this is the freaky part. Somali girls where dressed….OMG i can’t even explain what I saw. i was in a lost of words. Let me try though. Some where wearing booty shorts,tank tops,short dress,skin tight dress. There was so much booty and boobs it was insane. I swear to you that the black people who were sitting on the field were looking at us like we were crazy. So much make up was worn that day. The guys were either dressed up nicely or too gangster, but that was pretty typical. Hijabbies where now … something else. Some girls wore hijabs, but still dress too nicely if you asked me, But there's nothing wrong about that.

As i walked on to that bus I could feel everyone's eyes on me. As if I was the alien, the freak who decided to dress normally. Guys where kind of laughing at me girls smirking at me. I didn't understand this part though. I was dressed casually and yet I was being ridiculed. This is where good was considered bad. So was bad the new good? This is where teenagers follow the “in” crowd. Most girls say that they dressed like that because their friends or the  people around them did I can’t blame them. It made me feel weird wearing hijab. My best friend who I has been by my side since i was 12. I couldn't believe this. I hated how this was affecting me.

Far Worst

After going on 2 ride. (YES I COMPLETED MY GOAL! BEHEMOTH WAS AWESOME!) There was a dance. I didn't even know that radio stations would be there. (Z103.5) Nor did I know there was going to be a dancing.Why am I calling it dancing? let me call it grinding and dry humping. that's all i saw. At first i danced with my friends for 5 minutes, then realized what I was doing was crazy (even though I was just hopping up and down XD). I was wearing hijab and I was dancing. Man I sat my ass down and watched my friends. People just watched me like i was some loser. I just stared back at them and smiled like as if i was having fun. My cousins tried to make me dance, but i refused. I was thinking how could of all people force me to join that giant orgy especially when SHE herself was wearing a long dress and a hijab? Was I insane for not dancing? They sure made me look dumb. I was really sad that no one understood why I was refusing. I tired to explain but i received blank expressions. Only person who understood was Izzy who learned the hard way what this “dance” really was. After getting touched by some guy she sure regretted even going in. To bad no on else seem to care. As if this was normal and i was an alien.

This just proves that Judgment day is so close. I fear for everyone and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment